Euro 2021 should have begun by now but the unexpected entry of coronavirus virus has stalled the tournament to the next year. It will be taking place from June 11 to July 11 2021. These rescheduling of Euro can be a good thing for Gareth Southgate as he could have a better mode of players than the current team. The young English players also will be having an opportunity to impress Southgate with their game on the pitch.
Phil Foden can be taken as a suggestion to join the club as there are many positive reports regarding the game of the 19-year-old. He under England U17 had made a good impression and was named the player of the tournament.His place at Manchester City has been blocked by the presence of David Silva, who will be leaving soon, but Foden will be included in the regular team now.
Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has said that he is fairly relaxed over the future of Jadon Sancho at the club. The England international has been heavily tipped to seal a Premier League move during the summer and report have even claimed that Manchester United have agreed personal terms with the forward.
However, speaking to Sport1, Zorc said that there is no stance on the future of Sancho and it is highly unlikely that any club in England or anywhere else would pay a substantial fee for the attack amid the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic, he told: “There is no new stance. At the moment, all clubs are running on sight – even in England!. I cannot and do not want to lean too far out of the window with forecasts because the situation is changing daily. We will see what happens.
Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish believes he may struggle to make the England squad with his current playing position on the wing. The 24-year-old has stood out for the Villains in the Premier League this term with seven goals and six assists but most of those contributions have come from the left side of the attack.
interview covered by The Mirror, Grealish acknowledged that he has a tough job
of commanding a regular role with the national team, given the likes of Raheem
Sterling, Jadon Sancho and Marcus Rashford play out wide at the moment. He
added that he would preferably favour a central midfield role, though he has
rarely played in that position since the Villains return to the top-flight.
England international Declan Rice has indicated that he is content playing for West Ham United amid the recent speculation over his future. The 20-year-old has been widely linked with a big-money move to Manchester United and of late, there has been the gossip that the Red Devils may approach to land his signature at the turn of the year.
report covered by The Mirror, Rice indicated that he has more than four years
remaining on his current deal with the Hammers and he is at the best place at
the current point of time, he told: “I signed a five-year contract with
West Ham last year, which will keep me at club till I’m 24, and for me this is
the best place to be right now. I am playing for a manager who has given me my
chance and played me week in week out. I’m improving every week and although I
see all this speculation, I don’t really think about it too much. It’s all talk
until something happens – and nothing has – so I’m just focused on West Ham,
doing my best and making fans happy.”
Arsenal legend Ian Wright has said that Marcus Rashford does not have the vision of being a centre-forward as he does not make runs into spaces with the anticipation of receiving the ball. The England international started the season with a bang as he scored a brace against Chelsea but he has since managed just the single goal through a penalty kick.
on Star Sports, Wright said that Rashford must take the gamble with his movement
in the box rather than remaining stationary. Elsewhere, the former Arsenal star
pointed out that the United graduate is trying too much to impress when he has
the possession of the ball and that has contributed to the recent slide in
international Harry Maguire has expressed his delight after making the switch
to Manchester United from Leicester City. The 26-year-old was touted to seal
the transfer to Old Trafford at the start of last month, but the Foxes’
reluctance to lower the asking price has meant that the deal has been completed
prior to the transfer deadline.
the club’s official website, Maguire admitted that he is elated to secure the
move to the Red Devils and he is looking forward to winning trophies with the
club. He added that he has been impressed with the manager’s philosophy of
building a young team and he is excited by what the future holds for the club.
Former Leicester City midfielder Vicente
Iborra believes Harry Maguire has the credentials to be as good as Liverpool’s
Virgil van Dijk, should he make the move to Manchester City. The England
international has been with the Foxes for the past two seasons but it remains
unclear whether he will be at the club amid interest from both City and
Speaking to AS, Iborra acknowledged that
his former teammate is a great player and he can develop into a world-class
ace, should he make the switch to the Etihad Stadium, he said: “He is a great
player. He’s very powerful, with good balance, great at bringing the ball out
and he can score goals. He had a great World Cup and is a super footballer. His
transfer to Manchester City could be like Van Dijk’s to Liverpool.”
At present, both City and United are said
to be interested in the former Hull City man but the latter are understood to
hold the advantage. Pep Guardiola’s side are currently £15m short of matching
the Foxes’ £80m valuation, but they remain confident of pursuing the defender,
who is said to be eager to feature in the Champions League.
Aside from Maguire, the Mancunian giants have also been associated with a potential move for Rodri from Atletico Madrid but so far, they have yet to strike a transfer agreement. The Citizens were hugely impressive during the previous campaign as they became the first-ever club to secure a domestic treble in England.
Still, there was the disappointment of
coming short of the Champions League crown and it remains to be seen whether
they can take the extra step next term. The Citizens have a Community Shield
game against Liverpool at the beginning of August before the league opener
against West Ham United on the road.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has expressed his delight after Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain returned to the first-team fold after a year out with a serious knee injury. The England international picked up the damage during the Champions League semi-final tie against AS Roma last term and Klopp thereafter suggested that the attacker could miss the entirety of the 2019/2020 season.
However, that has not been the case with the England international making a swifter comeback than expected and Klopp was pleased to name the attacker in the matchday squad for the league clash against Huddersfield Town,he said: “(It’s) unbelievable. We had to think about when we wrote the names on the teamsheet today how we call him. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, there are a lot of options obviously – Alex, Ox, Chambo, whatever! It’s that long ago. It’s really nice, it’s really good news that he’s back. He has been back for a while and now today back in the squad, so it’s cool – really cool.”
Tottenham Hotspur defender Kieran Trippier has admitted that he has not experienced the best of seasons with the north London side following the World Cup last year. The England international was one of the standout performers for the Three Lions in Russia last summer, but his form has dipped in the current season to the point that he is no longer a regular starter with the national side.
Speaking to Sky Sports, Trippier acknowledged that he has been guilty of making defensive mistakes during the course of the campaign, he said: “I could have done a lot better than what I have done, I am the first to admit that. I look at all the games I play in and review them. I have had chats with the manager and other players too, but it’s all about learning and trying to do as best as I can in every game. I always do my best. I could have done a lot better since the World Cup.”
Former Tottenham Hotspur marksman Teddy Sheringham believes Harry Kane may start considering his future with the club, given their struggles to compete for regular silverware. The north London side have failed to win any of the previous four matches in the Premier League and this has dropped them right into the top-four battle with a genuine chance of missing out on Champions League football next term.
Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live, the former Spurs striker said that Kane would want to some form of silverware but that has been far from coming at the Capital outfit. He added that the England international may question his future with the club in the forthcoming years, should they fail to earn their decade-long wait for a trophy.